CSO is seeking a Medical Case Manager to provide Intensive case management to adults and families needing such support to maintain their independence and stability in the community, or who have been hard to engage in the mental health system. These services will be provided both within the outpatient clinic setting, group settings, and/or on an outreach basis, and may be in provided in a supportive living site, apartment, family home, or community setting.
1. Collect health measurements, document, and communicate accordingly to support integrated care efforts and quality measures.
2. Support to consumers and medical staff by receiving and communicating medication triage calls/refill needs as needed.
3. Provide skills training and assistance in areas of daily living activities including basic living and interactive skills. Assist in developing communication and conflict resolution skills.
4. Assist consumers with identifying appropriate mental health, addiction and medical services and accessing services of choice.
5. Provide assistance with identifying and obtaining entitlements, which meet consumer needs; assisting consumers with applications to community agencies, such as, but not limited to, DMH, DDS, ACCS, SSDI, Regional Housing Authorities, MassHire Career Center
6. Close collaboration with internal and external providers to provide a wrap-around approach of care for consumers who may need intensive short-term or ongoing long-term case management.
7. May provide counseling and intensive support to consumers during psychiatric crises or periods of transition.
8. Referrals and linkages to appropriate services along the continuum of care.
9. Perform intake/follow-up assessments (NOMS/FUNOMS/QUARTERLYS) with consumers enrolling/enrolled in the CCBHC program.
10. Facilitate workshops to assist groups of consumers in signing up for SNAP/DTA, accessing government cell phone programs, job search, and/or other resources.
11. Assist in locating acceptable housing, including but not limited to Section 8 housing, negotiating leases, and obtaining necessary items in the home.
12. Provide transportation for consumers as appropriate, following program guidelines.
Medical Assistant Certificate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university. The CCBHC Medical Case
Manager is skilled in coordinating and collaborating with internal and external
providers to support health goals of consumers and medication safety. Providing
education and planning regarding treatment access and service needs, navigating
community resources, accessing substance use and recovery support networks,
conflict resolution mediation, risk management.
We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including full coverage health and dental insurance and ample paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays). Additionally, we offer a retirement savings plan and an employee referral bonus program. CSO provides their staff with regular in-house training and professional development opportunities with free CEUs. Our voluntary supplemental insurances include short and long-term disability, cancer, accident and life. We also offer a premier employee assistance program (EAP) and personal cell phone plan discounts.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.