CSO's Respite Program is looking for Full and Part-Time Counselors to join our team.
Our Respite services offer clients:
· Quiet home-like atmosphere
· Daily assessment and brief counseling
· Case management
· Daily nursing support
· Recovery and wellness focused groups
· Peer Support
· Discharge planning
· Psychiatric consultation when needed.
As a counselor, you will be responsible for the care and treatment of clients utilizing the respite beds. You can expect to establish a therapeutic relationship with each program client by providing support and safety. You will assist clients with activities of daily living, including self-care, cooking, recreation, and medication responsibilities according to individual treatment plans.
· Assist clients with activities of daily living.
· Function as an active member of the Respite Treatment Team, on a day-to day basis, in the therapeutic setting including:
o Attending staff meetings;
o Rotating shifts, as needed;
o Charting and reporting on daily records;
o Maintaining knowledge of patient's treatment plan.
· Monitor respite clients, including hourly bed checks and documentation, and provide closer observation as needed.
· Share observations, interactions, and knowledge to develop 24-hour care plans.
· Attend change of shift meetings and provide shift report on client activities and mental status.
· Participate in ongoing in-service training for the purpose of maintaining, developing, and sharing counselor skills.
· Make appropriate clinical referrals as part of case management duties. Communicate regularly with family members, significant others, and involved providers in an effort to coordinate care.
Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services (or related field) preferred with two years' experience working with mentally ill individuals. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer proficiency including ability to work with email and word processing software. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required.
We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including full coverage health and dental insurance and ample paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays). Additionally, we offer a retirement savings plan and an employee referral bonus program. CSO provides their staff with regular in-house training and professional development opportunities with free CEUs. Our voluntary supplemental insurances include short and long-term disability, cancer, accident and life. We also offer a premier employee assistance program (EAP) and personal cell phone plan discounts.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a "one-stop" model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.