CSO is seeking a Registered Nurse to join out Crisis Stabilization Unit (Respite Services.)
This position involves direct service with Respite clients, and includes treatment planning, case management and clinical contacts. Additionally, it involves oversight of group programming and includes other management responsibilities. This is a fully benefited position. The Nurse Manager will provide medication monitoring and treatment for clients and will work closely with staff while providing consultation to other nurses and clinicians on site.
Some Essential Responsibilities Include:
1. Review medications upon admission, confirms prescriptions and dosages, set-up medication charting, administer, document and monitor medications of clients staying in Respite per ES Program policy.
2. Complete health assessments of clients in Respite, and report findings to Clinical Nurse or Psychiatrist, as appropriate.
3. Monitor clients' physical status as needed, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and blood sugar for signs of medication side effects. Report abnormal findings to prescribing clinician on duty.
4. Provide training to nurses and relief nurses as necessary.
5. Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of new or revised policies and procedures aimed at addressing existing or emerging needs.
6. Comply with DPH regulations for storage of medications (in locked drawer).
7. Provide health education for clients as part of treatment team when appropriate.
Qualifications: Must be licensed in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse, and have a minimum of five years' experience treating adults with serious mental illness and some experience treating adolescents and children. Previous supervisory experience required. Must be familiar with community resources and possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be well-organized, resourceful, and able to function as a productive member of a treatment team. Experience with residential or inpatient care preferred. Must possess valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Computer proficiency required including ability to work with email, electronic health record and word processing software.
We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including full coverage health and dental insurance and ample paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays). Additionally, we offer a retirement savings plan and an employee referral bonus program. CSO provides their staff with regular in-house training and professional development opportunities with free CEUs. Our voluntary supplemental insurances include short and long-term disability, cancer, accident and life. We also offer a premier employee assistance program (EAP) and personal cell phone plan discounts.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a "one-stop" model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.