CSO is seeking a Relief Hospital Services Supervisor to provide psychiatric services including consultation, support, assessment, intervention and discharge planning to individuals and families at Cooley Dickinson Hospital (CDH). The Hospital Services Supervisor is primarily based at the hospital and works to fulfill the requirements of the CSO contract with CDH. Additionally, the HS Supervisor may provide coordination of CSO clinicians working at CDH and may be asked to provide clinical oversight to CSO clinicians at the Director's discretion. The HS Supervisor represents CSO in providing clinical services at CDH and advocates for the behavioral health needs of clients.
Our need is for someone who can work Saturday 8a-4p shifts and occasional weekday shifts for vacation coverage of staff.
1. Provide psychiatric and/or drug/alcohol evaluations, consultations and referral services for CDH patients including formulating a DSM IV diagnosis in the Emergency Department and on medical units.
2. Assist patients/families through coordination of referrals and assist in resource linkage to maximize patients' abilities to be treated in the least restrictive setting.
3. Provide assessment and intervention services at CDH for social service emergencies including victims of domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse and other types of trauma , violence and critical events. These services may occasionally not be appropriate for billing but will be documented in activity logs.
4. Provide any documentation required by CDH to client medical record.
5. Coordinate in-hospital activities with BHRT Coordinator at CDH.
CSO Site-Based Responsibilities:
1. Complete CSO clinical documentation (Mass. Standardized Documentation), and billing requirements (for evaluations and for consultations) for reimbursement of clinical services provided.
2. Obtain required authorizations from third parties for services rendered and for follow-up services such as inpatient referrals. Document contacts according to procedure. Submit required documentation and billing activity to CSO Florence site on a daily basis.
3. Perform occasional community-based evaluations when assigned following established procedures for Adult Mobile Evaluation and Mobile Crisis Intervention. HS Supervisors may occasionally be assigned shift duties at a CSO community based site when needed.4. For the Medicaid-Under-21 population, follow the specified billing procedures for Mobile Crisis Intervention.
Qualifications: Clinical Master's degree with independent license (LICSW or LMHC) required, with five years' or more experience treating individuals with mental illness in outpatient, residential, crisis intervention, or psychiatric inpatient setting post-masters degree experience preferred.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a "one-stop" model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.