CSO is hiring a Warm Line Peer Advocate at the Clubhouse. This position will help to decrease the feeling of isolation during the weekend/evening hours for CSO Clubhouse members.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Answer all calls in a professional manner, providing supportive services to callers.
2. Follow all confidentiality and privacy HIPAA federal laws, state regulations and agency guidelines.
3. Maintain regular and reliable attendance record.
4. Ensure accurate and timely recordkeeping in compliance with CSO guidelines and policies.
5. Complete all required trainings as directed/assigned.
6. Appropriately triage calls to crisis staff as indicated.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Warm Line Peer advocate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Possess good organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle situations in a professional manner at all times with clientele, staff and outside sources. The ability to handle stressful situations and access support and supervision when needed. The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Computer proficiency including to work with email and word processing software required. Reliable transportation.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a "one-stop" model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.