To perform maintenance and/or cleaning at our Friends of the Homeless Shelter in Springfield. This is a relief position with 20 or less hours/week.
11:30 am- 3pm Mon, Tues, Friday, Sat, Sun
11:30am to 3pm Wednesday through Sunday
- Clean and care for buildings and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner, including cleaning offices, meeting rooms, public spaces, and living spaces, washing and disinfecting all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, and fixtures, and replenishing toilet supplies as needed.
- Mop/vacuum/wash/strip/wax and buff vinyl, carpet and tiled floors; empty waste baskets and garbage cans, place garbage in outside bins; stock/restock consumables where needed on a regular basis.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs.
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and public and
- Assist with snow removal when needed.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance record.
- May perform other duties deemed acceptable by the supervisor.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess good organization and interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle situations in a professional manner at all times with clientele, staff and external sources. Must be able to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks. Thorough knowledge of occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties. Computer proficiency including ability to work with email and word processing software required.