The Scattered Site Housing Case Manager (SS Case
Manager) provides outreach and coordinates/monitors the assessment, treatment
planning process and follow-up for each tenant of the scattered site permanent
supportive housing units located throughout the Hampden County region. The
position serves as advocate and liaison for tenant benefits, and is also part
of the Housing Department's service team, working collaboratively with the Coordinated
Entry System (CES) and assisting with housing placement.
1. Assist with the program development of this housing project by identifying units for rent and work closely with the Coordinated Entry System (CES) that will identify homeless individuals prioritized for these units, and facilitate the occupancy of participants that move into the units.
2. Access the CES data system to receive referrals for prospective tenants as units are available, and regularly attend and participate in CES case conference meetings to represent FOH as a PSH provider of units in the Continuum of Care (CoC).
3. Complete new tenant assessment to determine eligibility and needs for social support programs.
4. Assist tenants in the development of individual plans to move toward self-sufficiency and to retain/secure temporary/permanent housing.
5. Evaluate, facilitate and monitor tenant's progress towards established goals and objectives. Maintain and update tenant information in the agency's data system.
6. Provide resource/assistance for tenants in budgeting, job training, employment serach, locating permanent housing, managing medical issues and addressing transporation and other needs.
7. Advocate for tenants with other service providers, including federal, state and city agencies and other non-profits; provide referrals to other appropriate service providers as needed.
8. Maintain current knowledge of and good working relationshipos with other service providers whith whom FOH and CSO collaborates.
Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in
social work or related field or relevant experience required. Two years' work experience in housing search
and/or case management. Demonstrated ability
to work independently and as part of a team. Strong written and verbal communication
skills. Problem solving and conflict
resolution skills. Computer skills with proficiency
in Microsoft office programs. Ability to
work with diverse population and exercise good judgement. Preferred: Knowledge of local social service and other
community resources. Familiarity with
Hampden County Continuum of Care. Working
knowledge and experience with HMIS and VI-SPDAT. Bilingual skills (English-Spanish). Strong organizational
and time management skills. Self-motivated.
We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including full coverage health and dental insurance and ample paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays). Additionally, we offer a retirement savings plan and an employee referral bonus program. CSO provides their staff with regular in-house training and professional development opportunities with free CEUs. Our voluntary supplemental insurances include short and long-term disability, cancer, accident and life. We also offer a premier employee assistance program (EAP) and personal cell phone plan discounts.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.